IMG Residency Advisers
Residency Interview Preparation + Mock Interview
Did you know that if you've received a residency interview, you've met all the residency program's minimum requirements? All that's really left is your interaction with the program director and other attendings', the residents, and hospital staff.
Being the best you is crucial.
Residency Interviews are one of the strongest indicators for program directors. You can't just wing one of these interviews -- your interpersonal skills actually matter.
With our team of US and international medical graduates, we'll be able to guide you every step of the way.
Our advisors have aced their interviews and know what it takes to stand out from the other applicants. As a medical student, this could be difficult as you've just spent two years with your head in a book or taking a patient history. Your social skills may have taken a hit recently; we've got you.
Schedule an advising appointment and discuss the following topics:
- What should I expect during my interview?
- The firm handshake and eye contact.
- What are the most commonly asked questions?
- How do I respond to questions when I'm stuck?
- What should I wear?
- What should I bring?
- What should I say?
- What should I avoid saying?
- Should I acknowledge red flags?
How it works:
- Step 1:
Fill out the form to the left with as much detail as possible.
- Step 2:
Our team will follow up to schedule a preliminary appointment via email/phone.
- Step 3:
An appointment is scheduled according to your availability. We will match you with an advisor based on your school of preference.
Recommended Advising Breakdown:
- 30 Minutes: Introduction, Topic Focus, Main Concerns
- 30 Minutes: Interview Tips
Mock Interviews: 1 per hour
- 45 Minutes: Mock Interview
- 15 Minutes: Q&A, Feedback
* The first hour consists of introduction, interview tips, and questions/concerns.
* Each Additional hour indicates ONE mock interview/hour which includes the mock interview and feedback during the last fifteen minutes.