IMG Residency Advisers
My ERAS Application - What I need to Know
You've made it to the point of your ERAS® Application. Congratulations!
You are almost a resident! In order to prepare for ERAS® submission, our medical advisors are going to ensure you're prepared each step of the way.
Our advisors are a combination of US Medical Graduates and International Medical Graduates who currently or previously attended residency in the United States. They've made it to residency, now let them help you! Each advisor will provide you with crucial information to complete your ERAS® Application.
Did you know the most common reason for non-submissions is due to lack of knowledge regarding deadlines? By preparing with our advising team, you'll be a step ahead of your colleagues and will become a stronger residency applicant.
Schedule your advising appointment today and discuss some of the following suggested topics:
- How does the match work?
- Complete timeline to complete application and licensure.
- What is a token, and how do I obtain one?
- When should I register with ERAS®?
- Specialty Selection.
- Should I apply to multiple specialties?
- What is required to submit an application?
- When should I request LORs?
- What licensure do I need (ie: Visa, PTAL)
- When do I need to be ECFMG Certified and how long does it take?
- Filling out the application.
- Choosing the best IMG friendly programs.
- Discussing different specialties
- Personal Statements
- Should I contact programs before or after I submit my application?
- What if I don't match?
- What is S.O.A.P?
- Preparing for S.O.A.P.
How it works:
- Step 1:
Fill out the form to the left with as much detail as possible.
- Step 2:
Our team will follow up to schedule a preliminary appointment via email/phone.
- Step 3:
An appointment is scheduled according to your availability. We will match you with an advisor based on your school of preference.
Recommended advising breakdown:
- 15 Minutes: Introduction, Topic Focus, Main Concerns
- 30 Minutes: Discussion of Topics
- 15 Minutes: Q&A, Feedback, Closing Statements
All advising hours are catered to fit your needs; however, keep in mind, the first 15 minutes are required for an introduction. By doing so, each advisor will get to know his candidate thoroughly and help you make the best decisions for your future.