IMG Residency Advisers
Preparing for the Island
Now that you've made the decision to attend an International Medical School, our advisers will help you prepare for Medical School in the Caribbean's.
The decision you made is two-fold:
1) You are starting a rewarding journey in medicine
2) You will have to adapt to an entirely new environment. Our advisers made the same decision as you, and they all successfully obtained a medical or surgical residency in the United States. They are here to serve you and help you learn from their mistakes.
Most common questions asked by Medical Students recently accepted to Caribbean schools:
- How will I survive moving from the United States to a developing country?
- Is this a wise decision? Will my experience truly prepare me for a career in the United States?
- Is it safe?
- How will my lifestyle change?
Our residency advisors include graduates from Caribbean medical schools who have encountered the numerous obstacles you will face on the island and were able to obtain a US Residency placement.
A few of the topics you could discuss include, but are not limited to:
- Surviving medical school on the Caribbean Islands
- What to expect
- What to bring
- Life on the island
- Interactions with locals
- Social Life
How it works:
- Step 1:
Fill out the form to the left with as much detail as possible.
- Step 2:
Our team will follow up to schedule a preliminary appointment via email/phone.
- Step 3:
An appointment is scheduled according to your availability. We will match you with an advisor based on your school of preference.
Typical advising breakdown:
- 15 Minutes: Introduction, Topic Focus, Main Concerns
- 30 Minutes: Discussion of Topics
- 15 Minutes: Q&A, Feedback, Closing Statements
All advising hours are catered to fit your needs; however, keep in mind that the first 15 minutes are required for an introduction. By doing so, each advisor will get to know his or her candidate thoroughly and help you make the best decisions for your future.